Watering Containers & Hanging Baskets
By the time the plants grown in summer containers and hanging baskets are in full bloom there is such a mass of thirsty roots that proper watering is imperative. Plants in pots and particularly those in hanging baskets that dry out to the point of wilting may never recover completely and look tatty and bedraggled for the rest of the summer.
KEEP THEM WELL WATERED
- Never let containers and hanging baskets dry out completely.
- Water hanging baskets until you see the water dripping vigorously from the bottom of the basket.
- Water pots until you see water draining out through the drainage holes of the pot.
- During hot weather you may need to water at least twice a day.
- If planters or hanging baskets are under cover and not exposed to rainfall you need to water them yourself.
West Van Location
2558 Haywood Avenue
North Van Location
1343 Lynn Valley Road