Sow winter veggies like cabbage, broccoli, spinach, kale and brussels sprouts for winter/spring use.
- Harvest vegetables as they mature and pick herbs to be dried for use later in the year.
- Pinch out the tips of tomato plants and feed them with low nitrogen fertilizer to direct energy into ripening fruit.
- Cut old raspberry canes back to ground-level but leave younger canes, which will be slightly green: they will bear next year’s fruit.
- Don’t forget to thoroughly water newly installed trees, shrubs and hedges.
- Try planting some Autumn Crocus and Colchicum. These “magic” bulbs will bloom in Sept/Oct. for a very pretty show.